Critique Reflection
I thought that camera movement was something that we did really well. Two specific examples of this are our 360/pop in shot, and the canting shot at the end. I thought that the 360/pop in shot in the art gallery was good, because it portrayed the protagonist's initial confusion after finding the dead body. I also thought the the canting shot was well done, because it was a very interesting and accurate way to show the protagonist's death, especially since we dropped the murder weapon (scissors) near his head. We did not receive any critique or comments on our film, because it not critiqued by the class. I feel like we need to improve on editing, as the examples we viewed in class seemed to be a bit long. What I mean by this, is, we need to learn to cut the clips down a little bit more, for the sake of clarity and efficiency. Also, our acting definitely needs to improve. I think it would have been better had we not wasted so much time as a group and had to rush at the end. However, the sub-par acting was a result of procrastination, which is very easily fixed. Again, we were not given any comments from our classmates.
Our strengths were the camera movement and the incorporation of the principles of design. Our weaknesses included poor teamwork, and as a result of this, poor, rushed acting skills.
Poor teamwork is easily improved upon. We just need to listen and cooperate with one another, so the planning and filming processes are more efficient. We can improve upon our camera movement, which I consider to be a strength, by practicing incorporating them to portray certain feelings/emotions for the audience, as well as learning new ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment